It’s been a while since my last post, so there is much to catch up on. We’ve been all over since them. We’re currently parked at LaVerne M. Johnson park in Lyons, CO. This is a beautiful park! The RV section is a bit cramped, but everything else is lovely.
Since leaving Atlanta, GA, we’ve been to:
- Flamingo Lakes RV Resort, Jacksonville, FL
- Holiday Campground, Panacea, FL
- Kountry Air RV Park, Prattville, AL
- Safe Harbor RV Park, Riverside, AL
- Lake Guntersville State Park, Guntersville, AL
- Safe Harbor RV Resort, Nashville, TN
- Hinton RV Park, Sikeston, MO
- Camp Mi Casa, Carthage, MO
- Air Capital RV Park, Wichita, KS
- High Plains Camping, Oakley, KS
- LaVerne M. Johnson Park, Lyons, CO (here now!)
We’re really enjoying our travels too. We’ve visited with friends and family all along the way. We originally committed to doing this for a year, but now that the year is coming up in June, we’ve decided to keep on truckin’! We’re planning our way up to Seattle, WA, and then back down to Arizona where we hope to find a place to hang out for the winter months. I look forward to being in one place for a few months.
Along the way we picked up a new family member – Miss Cleo! She’s a calico cat and was 9 weeks old when we adopted her from the humane society in Alabama. She’s the perfect nomad…she has no fear. She’s been wearing a harness since the day we took her home and she loves to go for walks around the various campgrounds on a leash.
LaVerne M. Johnson Park
It’s been a crazy few weeks for us. Scarlett’s dad joined us in Wichita, KS and drove with us to our current location in Lyons, CO and stayed for the week. My mom flew over from Niagara Falls, NY, and was staying with my sister in Longmont, CO (15 minutes from here) up till this morning. So Scarlett and I have been getting in lots of family time. More to come in the near future!